I’m just about to begin production on an itemcraft script. However, the one I’m making is based off an existing RPG’s crafting system. It is very unlikely this script will be a “one-size-fits-all” in terms of itemcraft systems so I want to gauge users on what they want in a crafting system.
Here are some questions I’d like responses on. You do not need to answer them all. Just answer what interests you:
- What are some existing examples of good crafting systems/features in video games?
- What are some existing examples of bad crafting systems/features in video games?
- Do you prefer crafting systems with a simple/small ingredient requirement (2~4 items) or a complex/large ingredient requirement (5~8+ items)
- Do you care about “success chance” for crafting an item in single-player RPGs? (That is, if you fail to craft the item, you lose all ingredients/gold/catalysts.)
- How do you prefer how itemcraft recipes/formulas are discovered?
- How do you prefer where crafting is done? (In a shop by an NPC/event? From the menu? Some other way?)
- What kind of tedium should be avoided in an itemcraft system?
- Any other comments/experiences with itemcraft systems.
Just to be very clear:
- I’m not taking suggestions on what my first crafting script will feature. I’m building it the way I want. But after I’m done with it, I might be interested in making another itemcraft script depending on the responses.
- I’m not skilled enough/interested in making a random enchantment-style crafting (e.g. Diablo item prefix-suffix system).
You can respond to this in the comments or posting here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/3455-ace-what-featuresoptions-do-you-look-for-in-an-item-crafting-system/
Also, the following scripts have been updated:
- Dismantle Items – v1.1